PERSONAL DATA POLICY
Your personal data and your right to privacy is important to us at CJ Liew & Co. Any personal data collected by us will be done in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. To this end we have set out our Personal Data Policy for your reference below.
Personal Data Collection
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (which may include your IP address, geographical location, referral source, length of visit, route taken through this website, and similar information);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or relating to any transaction carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to any service, notification or newsletter on or through our website; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using Personal Data
We may use and process your personal data for any purpose relating to an inquiry you have submitted through this website, or relating to any service you have requested. These purposes may include:
- any purpose related to or in connection with our engagement including any communications with you;
- internal administration;
- recruitment and other legitimate business purposes;
- provision of information to regulatory and governmental authorities to comply with statutory and government requirements;
- compliance with our obligations under the law;
- such other purposes as may be requested, directed or consented by you; and
- all other purposes in relation to or incidental to any of the above.
- We will process your personal data for the purposes as set out, on the basis that you have consented to our processing of your personal data in accordance with our data protection statement, unless you notify us otherwise.
- Your consent is assumed if we do not receive any objection or notification from you concerning our processing of your personal data.
Personal Data of Third Parties
- You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose personal data may be given to us by you or identified from your personal data which may be processed by us for the purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein.
Requirements for Personal Data
- You have the right to control the amount or type of personal data furnished to us. However, please note that if the relevant personal data is not given or is insufficient, your instructions may not be accepted as we may not be able to process your request.
- For the same reason, if you choose to withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we may process your personal data, we may not be able to continue to act on your instructions.
We may disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers or sub-contractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to our professional advisers including but not limited to lawyers, insurers, accountants, auditors, financial and tax consultants;
- to agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational or administrative services, such as courier services, telecommunications information technology, payment, payroll processing, training, market research, storage, archival, client support services;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Right to Request Access to and Collection of your Personal Data
If you wish to access, correct, limit or update the personal data you have submitted to us, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from that personal data, or to withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your personal data, please contact us. However, do note that the withdrawal of your consent may not impede or restrict the processing of your data if this is required or permitted by the law.
For any inquiries, complaints, or changes, you may contact us in the manner as follows:-
Telephone No.: 088-247452
Fax No. : 088-247453
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : 602 Jalan Sang Kancil Satu, 88300 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Revision to this Data Protection Statement
We reserve the right to amend our data protection policy and this data protection statement from time to time.